PREFER APPLICANTS POSSESSING THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
Required experience and training:
- High School diploma, plus vocational/technical training or associate degree (executive assistant, office management or business management); a minimum of two years of progressively responsible administrative or executive assistant experience; or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to work with a variety of computer programs.
- Recent successful experience in a responsible office position.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications.
- Prior experience maintaining websites.
- Requires successful passing of District clerical skills test.
Desired experience and training:
- Specialized knowledge and/or administrative assistant experience in a public education setting (e.g. prior experience in fast-paced, school office setting).
Special requirements of the position:
- Ability to provide assistance to administrators and staff; a penchant for developing positive, excellent interpersonal relationships with superiors, peers, the public, and students; desire to obtain/maintain first aid and cpr certifications, and skill in oral and written communication.
- Superior ability to act with integrity and discretion.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Superior ability to deal responsibly with confidential information.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of modern and efficient office technology and procedures.
- Exemplary ability to organize and keep accurate records.
- Extensive experience working and communicating effectively with a wide range of co-workers, applicants, and business partners.
Normal office environment and moderate noise levels.
Routine interruptions to workflow.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist/hand/finger movement to work on computer and/or related office equipment.
- Manage incoming phone calls, students, and visitors to the Main Office (often simultaneously).
- Assist student athletes with inquiries and/or questions when appropriate.
- Work directly with all coaches and advisors to maintain successful programs.
- Maintain complete set of files and correspondence for all co-curricular teams.
- Maintain contact with officials, opposing teams, groundskeepers, and transportation coordinator regarding schedule adjustments.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to assist in establishing a positive climate in the work environment.
- Maintain a record of athletic eligibility for all co-curricular students including, but not limited to co-curricular code, grades, attendance, and health records.
- Coordinate district reservations on computerized scheduling software.
candidates should please submit a cover letter, resume, responses to the
question set, and credentials on WECAN. Applicants
are requested not to send resumes to the building principal. **This position will remain open until
It is the
policy of the Mount Horeb Area School District that no person shall, on the
basis of age, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, creed,
pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, medical condition or
disease, or physical, mental, emotional or learning disability, be excluded
from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination
under any program, activity, or employment.
If you are a qualified employee or applicant with a disability, you may
access reasonable accommodations.
Horeb Area School District encourages applications from all segments of the
population. Candidates seeking
accommodations during an interview are encouraged to indicate such at the time
they are contacted to interview.